Iron Springs Cafe Crawfish Boil with Cajun Butter
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Creole spice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Lemons, halved, as needed
- Bay leaves to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 1 pound live crawfish
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp
- 1 (4 ounce) link andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 to 2 new potatoes, cooked
- 1 ear corn, shucked and cooked
- Cajun Butter: Place butter in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip the
- Add Creole spice, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, 1 tablespoon Tabasco
sauce and garlic; mix well.
- Place in a container, label and place in the refrigerator.
- Crawfish Boil: Place lemons, bay leaves, salt and cayenne pepper to a pot of water; bring
water to a rolling boil.
- Add live crawfish; cook 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp, sausage, potatoes and corn; cook 3 minutes more.
- Remove ingredients from water; place on a large platter.
- Serve with 2 ounces of the butter mixture.
Source: Chef Tudie Frank-Johnson, Iron Springs Cafe, Phoenix, Arizona