Iron Springs Cafe Garlic Shrimp Tamales
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 green corn tamales, prepared and heated in corn husks
- 24 (16- 20-size) jumbo raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup corn, roasted
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Heat butter in a sauté pan. Add shrimp; sauté a few minutes.
- Add garlic, corn, parsley and pico de gallo; bring to a simmer. Turn shrimp
once; cook until pink.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place heated tamales and cooked rice on a plate.
- Open tamales; fold back husks, decoratively tucking the ends under the top.
- Divide shrimp mixture evenly over the tamales.
- Serve hot.
Source: Chef Tudie Frank-Johnson, Iron Springs Cafe, Prescott, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes