It's Greek to Me! Spicy
Hot Feta Cheese Spread
- 4 to 6 red and green jalapeno peppers, roasted, skin peeled, and diced
- 1 pound Greek feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1/4 pound cream cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- To roast the peppers, place them on a baking sheet in an oven set at 500
degrees F. Bake until the peppers are soft enough to peel the skins, about 20
- Blend the feta and cream cheese in a mixer or food processor until smooth.
- Mix in the roasted peppers, olive oil, and, if using, garlic cloves.
- Add the lemon juice 1 tablespoon at a time. Taste the mixture and add the lemon juice
accordingly to balance the flavor. You might not need all the lemon juice depending
on the type of feta used.
- Refrigerate and use as a spread on bread or pita or a dip for vegetables.
Source: It's Greek to Me! - Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota