Jack Fry's Tomato-Artichoke Soup
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and pureed
- 6 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- Pinch white pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup flour
- Combine tomatoes, artichoke hearts, milk, chicken stock and cream in a saucepan.
Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion and seasonings in butter.
- Add flour slowly and cook, stirring, until mixture is golden brown.
- Slowly add onion roux to artichoke mixture, stirring constantly, and cook until
Yield: 6 to 8 servings