Jack Stack Barbecue Barbequed Vidalia Onions
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 Vidalia onions, cut into quarters
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Grease bottom of round aluminum pan with olive oil.
- Arrange onions in pan.
- Add enough beer to cover onions by 1/2 inch.
- Sprinkle onions with salt and pepper.
- Top each onion quarter with pat of butter; sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Place pan on grill rack.
- Grill, covered with foil, over medium-hot coals for 45 minutes or until
onions are tender.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Jack Stack Barbecue, Kansas City, Missouri and Overland Park, Kansas