Jack's Firehouse Grilled Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can country-style baked beans
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash potatoes and pierce several times with a knife. Place potatoes on paper
towels and microwave on HIGH power for 10 minutes or until soft (see note).
- Cut eight 12-inch squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Slice potatoes in half and scoop out a small portion of potato to make a narrow
boat, reserving the scooped-out potato. Place one potato half on each foil square.
- In a bowl, mix baked beans, peaches, onion, bacon and reserved sweet potato; season
to taste with salt and pepper. Place mixture in potato cavities, dividing evenly.
- Bring up top and bottom edges of foil around each potato half, leaving a little
space for steam expansion during cooking. Seal foil around potatoes, and place wrapped
potatoes on the grill.
- Cook for 20 minutes over indirect heat or until warm throughout.
Yield: 8 servings
To grill potatoes, as an alternative to microwaving, pierce potatoes with
a fork, wrap in foil and grill over medium heat for 1 hour.
Approximate values per serving: 166 calories, 2 g fat, 2 mg cholesterol,
7 g protein, 34 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 438 mg sodium, 9 percent calories from
Source: Jack McDavid, chef-owner of Jack's Firehouse, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.