Jack's Old South BBQ & Grill
Peach BBQ Beans
- 8 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (#10 can - about 6 pounds and 10 ounces) baked beans (recommended: Bush's)
- 3 cups canned peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Jack's Old South BBQ Rub
Jack's Old South BBQ Rub
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Beans: Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until
somewhat crispy and its fat has rendered.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon
to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, leaving the fat in the skillet.
- Add the pepper and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking pan.
- Add the bacon, beans, pie filling, barbecue sauce, and rub to the pan. Mix to
combine and bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 1 hour.
- Jack's Old South BBQ Rub: Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Yield: 3/4 cup BBQ Rub
Source: Jack's Old South BBQ & Grill, Vienna, Georgia
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.