Jalapeno Cafe Chili
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans Bush's Chili Beans
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Gebhardt's Chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped onion
- Chopped pickled jalapeno
longhorn Cheddar cheese
- Thin strips fried corn tortillas
- Pour oil in heavy skillet or stock pot. Heat to high, add ground sirloin and
- Stir and break up the meat, when the meat loses its red color, add garlic
and chopped onion and continue cooking until the meat starts to brown.
- Add the chili
powder and stir to coat all the meat.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, chili beans
(without draining), and Tabasco sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a
boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cover. Check from time to tome and add stock
or water as needed. Cook about 1 hour.
- Taste, correct the seasoning.
- Let cook 15
- Take off heat, let stand five minutes, then serve with garnishes.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 1/19/2002 7:24 pm.