Janos Restaurant Green Corn Tamale Pie
- 6 ears corn
- 2 ounces Crisco
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 pound
grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 roasted, peeled and
seeded Anaheim chiles finely chopped
- 3 jalapenos, finely diced
- Salt and
freshly ground black pepper
- Shuck the corn and cut the kernels away.
- Melt the Crisco.
- Grind the corn coarsely in a food processor and fold in the chiles and cheese.
- Stir in the Crisco and add the flour, salt and pepper.
- Roll the masa onto a sheet
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
- Let the tamale pie cool and cut into rounds using a No. 60 cutter, reshaping
by hand as needed.
Yields about 15.
Source: Janos Restaurant, Tucson, Arizona