Jasper's Chicken Florentine
Pasta and Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds pasta, combination of spirals,
bow-tie and penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups Alfredo Sauce (recipe follows)
(9 ounce) boxes frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pasta and Chicken: Boil pasta until al dente (cooking time will probably be less
than package directions, so test for doneness). Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large
pan over medium-high heat; add chicken and sauté 2 to 3 minutes until nearly done.
- Add Alfredo Sauce, spinach, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Cook, stirring, until
cheese is melted and sauce is heated through.
- Toss with pasta and garnish with chopped
- Alfredo Sauce: In a pot over medium heat, place water, half-and-half, cream and
garlic and bring almost to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and oil to
make a paste.
- Add 1/4 cup of hot cream mixture to the paste, and stir until smooth.
- Add paste to cream sauce in pot, whisking, until sauce thickens. If necessary to
smooth out sauce, puree in a blender or food processor.
- Season to taste with salt
Yield: 6 servings; 3 cups Alfredo Sauce
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
Source: Restaurant Recipes