Jazzmine's Blues Salad
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 4 cups mixed greens,
or any other type of Lettuce
- 1/3 cup Dried Cherry Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 3 Roma tomatoes,
Dried Cherry Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup
rice vinegar (or any other mild flavored vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 cup olive oil (or
any other salad oil)
- Salad: Cover currants in hot water and let soak for 30 minutes, then drain.
greens with dressing, then transfer to serving bowl.
- Garnish salad with blue cheese,
tomatoes, currants and pecans, then serve.
- Dried Cherry Vinaigrette: Cover cherries with hot water and let soak for 30 minutes,
- In a blender, combine with remaining ingredients EXCEPT oil. Blend ingredients
together until smooth.
- With blender running, add olive oil in a thin stream.
Yields 4 servings.
Source: Chef Curt Carter - Jazzmine's - Minneapolis, Minnesota