Jedro's Wagon Wheel Famous Spanish Sauce
- 8 ounces bell peppers, diced
- 6 ounces onions, diced
- 2 pounds mushrooms, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 1/2 pounds butter
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat until well blended.
- Remove bay leaves and cool in refrigerator.
Keeps for a few days.
Serving suggestion: Serve on egg omelets, burritos, tacos, or with tortilla chips
as a salsa.
Source: Jedro's Wagon Wheel, Needles, California (along fabulous Route 66)
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.