Jedro's Wagon Wheel Famous Spanish Sauce
- 8 ounces bell peppers, diced
- 6 ounces onions, diced
- 2 pounds mushrooms, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 1/2 pounds butter
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat until well blended.
- Remove bay leaves and cool in refrigerator.
Keeps for a few days.
Serving suggestion: Serve on egg omelets, burritos, tacos, or with tortilla chips
as a salsa.
Source: Jedro's Wagon Wheel, Needles, California (along fabulous Route 66)
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.