Jefferson Hotel Mudslide Pie
- Nonstick vegetable coating
- 40 Oreo cookies finely ground
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 ounces coffee liqueur
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 32 Oreo cookies, ground
- 1 pound milk chocolate, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 ounces Irish cream liqueur
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 10-inch springform pan with
nonstick vegetable coating.
- In a medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs with melted butter.
- Pack over bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Filling: In medium saucepan, bring liqueur, cream, and butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat and mix in cookie crumbs.
- Fold in melted chocolate.
- When thoroughly incorporated, fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into cooled pie crust, filling pan to the top and spreading evenly.
- Freeze for 90 minutes.
- Icing: Whip cream until very stiff; fold in liqueur and syrup.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Spread icing evenly over top and sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/01 11:09:35 am.
Source: Michael Martins of the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.