Jefferson Hotel Mudslide Pie
- Nonstick vegetable coating
- 40 Oreo cookies finely ground
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 ounces coffee liqueur
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 32 Oreo cookies, ground
- 1 pound milk chocolate, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 ounces Irish cream liqueur
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 10-inch springform pan with
nonstick vegetable coating.
- In a medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs with melted butter.
- Pack over bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Filling: In medium saucepan, bring liqueur, cream, and butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat and mix in cookie crumbs.
- Fold in melted chocolate.
- When thoroughly incorporated, fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into cooled pie crust, filling pan to the top and spreading evenly.
- Freeze for 90 minutes.
- Icing: Whip cream until very stiff; fold in liqueur and syrup.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Spread icing evenly over top and sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/01 11:09:35 am.
Source: Michael Martins of the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond