Jicama Grill Mussels in
Spicy Ginger-Cilantro Broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds fresh mussels
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Juice of 6 limes (a little more than 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until it shimmers.
- Add 1/3 of the mussels in a single layer on the pan's bottom. Cover the pan,
set a timer for 1 minute and cook.
- Keep open mussels warm in oven.
- Repeat until all mussels are open.
- Discard any mussels that remain closed.
- Return open mussels to sauté pan.
- Add garlic and scallions and cover pan. Set timer for 30 seconds.
- When done, add soy sauce, 1 cup water, lime juice and ginger; cover and cook
- Remove mussels again and keep warm in oven.
- After all the mussels are out of
the pan, increase heat to high and boil broth about 1 minute.
- Return mussels to the pan with sesame oil and toss.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot with a French loaf or other high-quality bread to soak up the spicy
Serves 4 as an appetizer.
Source: Jicama Grill, Louisville, Kentucky
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.