Jim Dandy's Baked Garlic Shrimp
- 1/2 cup peeled whole garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus oil to coat baking sheet
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 12 large shrimp, with tail and shell on, butterflied in shell *
- Paprika, to taste
- Melted butter
- Make garlic puree by combining garlic cloves with 2 tablespoons oil in blender
and blending until smooth paste forms. Set aside.
- Make baking stock by combining clam juice, water and lemon juice.
- Grease 8-inch square pan with remaining olive oil. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Gently lift shrimp from shell but do not detach.
- Place butterflied shrimp, shell side down, in pan.
- Baste shrimp with reserved garlic puree, then sprinkle with paprika.
(There may be garlic puree left over.)
- Pour baking stock into pan, but do pour it over the shrimp.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with melted butter.
Yield: 2 servings
* To butterfly shrimp, cut slit down center of shrimp, but not all the way through.
Source: Jim Dandy's - Oak Creek, Wisconsin