Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Restaurant
Cheeseburger in Paradise
- 28 ounces fresh USDA choice beef chuck, diced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 8 slices American cheese - 1 slice if any other kind of cheese
- 4 sesame hamburger buns, toasted
- 8 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices tomato, 1/4-inch thick
- 4 slices red onion, 1/4-inch thick
- 4 toothpicks
- 4 pickle spears
- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled, cut into fries and fried until golden brown
- Using a meat grinder with a 3/8-inch plate, grind the meat.
- Change to a 1/8-inch
plate, and grind a second time.
- Shape the ground meat into 4 (7-ounce) patties.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the kosher salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt and celery
salt. Mix well.
- Place burger on a hot grill and season with the seasoning salt.
Cook the burgers halfway to desired temperature and flip over and finish cooking.
- Place cheese on the burger when it is 3/4 of the way cooked and melt.
- Place bottom
bun on plate.
- Place burger on bottom bun.
- Place lettuce, tomato and onion on top
of the burger.
- Cover with top bun and secure with a wooden pick.
- Place pickle next
to the burger.
- Place fries on the plate.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine May 5, 2001.
Source: Recipe courtesy Jimmy Buffettt's Margaritaville Restaurant, 2000