Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Restaurant
Cheeseburger in Paradise
- 28 ounces fresh USDA choice beef chuck, diced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 8 slices American cheese - 1 slice if any other kind of cheese
- 4 sesame hamburger buns, toasted
- 8 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices tomato, 1/4-inch thick
- 4 slices red onion, 1/4-inch thick
- 4 toothpicks
- 4 pickle spears
- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled, cut into fries and fried until golden brown
- Using a meat grinder with a 3/8-inch plate, grind the meat.
- Change to a 1/8-inch plate, and grind a second time.
- Shape the ground meat into 4 (7-ounce) patties.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the kosher salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt and celery
salt. Mix well.
- Place burger on a hot grill and season with the seasoning salt.
Cook the burgers halfway to desired temperature and flip over and finish cooking.
- Place cheese on the burger when it is 3/4 of the way cooked and melt.
- Place bottom bun on plate.
- Place burger on bottom bun.
- Place lettuce, tomato and onion on top of the burger.
- Cover with top bun and secure with a wooden pick.
- Place pickle next to the burger.
- Place fries on the plate.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine May 5, 2001.
Source: Recipe courtesy Jimmy Buffettt's Margaritaville Restaurant, 2000
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.