Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Restaurant
Jalapeno Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 pound cream cheese, melted
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sliced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup jalapeno juice (from jar)
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 pound Perciatel 10-inch macaroni noodles
- In a saucepan melt butter.
- Add cream cheese and mix until blended.
- Add heavy cream and whisk.
- Add jalapeno juice and whisk.
- Mix in Cheddar, stirring until cheddar is completely melted.
- Mix in sliced jalapenos.
- Add salt, Tony C's and flour.
- Continue whisking until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Spray loaf pan with pan coating.
- Layer bottom of pan with cooked macaroni.
- Spoon in mixture and cover with Cheddar.
- Add another layer of pasta, mixture and Cheddar.
- Dust top with bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until brown.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine May 5, 2001.