Kebab House Kebab Salad
At Kebab House in Sparks, owner Aileen K. Mirzayan serves several types of Armenian
kebab. Her two best sellers are lula kebabs, made from lean ground beef mixed with
chopped onion, parsley and spices, and lamb kebabs. In connection with this week's
main story on Middle Eastern grilling, Mirzayan provided this recipe for a salad
that Armenians eat with kebabs.
- 1 medium eggplant, leaves removed, sliced in half lengthwise or crosswise in a couple of pieces
- 1 Anaheim pepper (also called New Mexican or sweet green pepper)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/4 onion, medium chop
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat grill.
- When grill is hot, place eggplant, pepper and tomato on it and cook
4 to 5 minutes each side.
- Cool grilled vegetables until safe to handle and remove
skins (grilling helps loosen skins).
- Cut skinned vegetables into bite-size pieces and transfer to bowl.
- Add onion, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika and salt and pepper. Mix well and serve with kebabs.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Kebab House, Sparks, Nevada
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.