Keegan's Grill Tomatillo-Poblano Sauce
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 6 ounces yellow onions, finely diced
- 8 ounces poblano chiles, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounces tomatillos, husked
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Cumin powder to taste
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Sauté onions until slightly caramelized.
- Keeping the heat high, add the poblano chiles; allow chiles to char slightly.
- Add garlic; being careful not to burn the garlic, stir 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock and tomatillos; leaving the pot uncovered,
cook at a fast simmer for 45 minutes. As the tomatillos begin to break down, crush
them with the back of your stirring spoon.
- Add spices and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
Source: Chef Paul Burdick, Keegan's Grill, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes