Keo's Thai Restaurant Evil Jungle Prince
- 1/2 pound any combination of bell peppers, string beans, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, miniature corn, asparagus and zucchini
- 2 to 6 dried chile peppers
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 to 15 sweet basil leaves
- 1 cup chopped cabbage, slightly steamed
- Cut vegetables into thin strips.
- Process (or grind) chiles, lemon zest and bay leaves together.
- Sauté in oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk; stir for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt and basil leaves.
- Serve on a bed of shredded cabbage with sticky rice.
Source: Keo's Thai Restaurant, Honolulu, Hawaii - the house specialty