KFC Extra Crispy Chicken
KFC uses pressure cookers to fry chicken, which is risky to do at home. If you
are using a deep fryer, fry a few pieces at a time for about 20 minutes, covered,
turning occasionally. Likewise, if pan frying, cook, covered, turning occasionally
for about 30 minutes. As always with chicken, check the middle of a large piece
to check for doneness. Allow to drain on paper towels when cooking is completed.
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) cut-up chicken
- 1 quart water
- 3 tablespoons salt (for soaking)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Accent (MSG)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Soybean oil (no substitutions) for frying
- Allow chicken to soak in salted water for 30 minutes.
- Mix egg and milk in a bowl.
- Mix flour, Accent, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Heat deep fryer to 350 degrees F, or place 3/4 inch oil in a skillet over medium
- Dry chicken with paper towels.
- Dredge in flour mixture.
- Dip into milk-egg mixture, then back into flour mixture.
- Do this one piece at a time making sure that there
is total coverage over entire surface of chicken in each step.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.