Kincade's Restaurant Crisp Potatoes with Gorgonzola
- 16 pounds Idaho French fries, cross cut
- 3/4 ounce Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 6 pounds whole butter
- 1 1/2 pounds flour
- 2 gallons whipping cream
- 12 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Potatoes: Deep fry French fries at 350 degrees F to 360 degrees F until very
- Place 10 ounces of cooked and drained fries (approximately 16 ounces uncooked)
on a serving plate and drizzle with 3 ounces of Gorgonzola sauce.
- Garnish with 3/4
ounce of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, 1 teaspoon of cracked pepper and chives. Serve
immediately. (Sauce can be served on the side.)
- Gorgonzola Sauce: Melt butter slowly in a large saucepan.
- Gradually whisk in flour to make a roux. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes over low heat.
- Whisk in cream, blending until roux is incorporated into the cream.
- Heat to 170 degrees F.
- Combine 1 quart of sauce with 12 ounces of Gorgonzola cheese, reserving remaining
sauce. (Remaining sauce should be chilled in ice bath, then refrigerated for later
use.) Blend together and heat to 170 degrees F.
- Keep sauce warm until ready for use.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/18/2002 1:16 pm.
Source: idahopotato.com - Recipe compliments of Kincade's Restaurant, San
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes