Kincaid's French Toast with
Peach Compote and Berries
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk or cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 pieces sourdough bread, thickly sliced
- 1 cup fresh berries, seasonal blend
- 1 cup each, whole butter blended with warmed pure maple syrup
- 1 pound sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, clarified
- Blend together batter ingredients.
- Pre-slice berries and blend warm syrup with melted butter. Place on table.
- Pre-warm peaches underneath broiler until hot. Hold at warm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat bottom of a nonstick pan with melted butter.
- Place bread in batter mixture and let soak 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook toast over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer to an ovenproof plate and place in 350 degree F oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Top with warm peaches and assorted berries.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/22/2002 7:37 pm.
Source: Chef Tom Miller, Kincaid's
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes