This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Kingfish Hall New England Creamed Corn and
Lobster Chowder with Summer Truffles
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels removed from cob, juices and husk reserved for garnish
- 2 large Spanish onion, cut into brunoise
- 4 ribs celery, cut into brunoise
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into brunoise
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 (1 1/2 pound) lobsters, split in half and viscera removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart white lobster stock, for blanching
- 1 1/2 pounds haricots verts, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Truffle oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Fresh truffles, for garnish
- In a deep, heavy bottom stock pot, melt the butter and sauté corn, onions,
celery, and carrots.
- Add chicken stock and reduce by 1/2.
- Add cream and reduce by 1/2. Add thyme sprigs. Set aside.
- Season the lobsters with salt and pepper. Grill until the flesh becomes milky
- Heat lobster stock and blanch lobster claws for five minutes. Set aside.
- When cool, pick knuckle and claw meat.
- Blanch haricots verts in lobster stock.
- Remove from stock and place in sauté pan.
- Add cream, truffle oil, and chopped parsley.
- Hold warm and reserve lobster stock.
- Place creamed corn back on the stove until it simmers. Check seasoning.
- In a sauté pan place the picked meat and grill tails.
- Warm them with the lobster stock.
- Spoon the creamed corn into bowls.
- Arrange haricots verts around the edge of the bowl.
- Each bowl receives 2 knuckles, 2 claws, and 1 tail.
- Shave fresh truffles to garnish each bowl and finish with chopped parsley.
Yield: 3 servings
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/16/01 10:18:53 pm.
Source: Foodtv.com Show # BF1B11 - Recipe courtesy Todd English