This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Kingsmill Resort Holiday Cookies
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cookie sheets with baking paper
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 drops lemon juice
- Cookies: Beat the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks one at a time until fluffy smooth. Scrape the bowl.
- Add flour and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pipe the cookies or use a cookie press, leaving one inch between the cookies.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are a light
- Cool on wire rack.
- Royal Icing: Combine all the ingredients and whip on medium speed until it's
a shiny and smooth consistency. This usually takes 2 to 4 minutes to achieve. Consistency
can be adjusted by adding more or less egg white.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/7/2001 12:32 am.
Source: Chef Glenn Bossie, Kingsmill Resort and Conference Center, Williamsburg,
Virginia - 13NEWS Daybreak, Tuesday, December 19, 2000