This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Kiva's Restaurant Mango BBQ Shrimp
- 6 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 wood skewers
- 1/2 cup quinoa, precooked and chilled
- 1 teaspoon red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons guava nectar
- 2 tablespoons tomato dice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup mango barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 mango, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For shrimp: Place the quinoa, onion, red bell pepper, mango, and guava nectar in a bowl. Toss with salt, pepper, cilantro, and a splash of olive oil. Set aside.
- Place the shrimp on the skewers, season and oil. Grill to a medium and remove from the grill.
- Place the quinoa on a plate, add the shrimp and drizzle the plate with the mango BBQ sauce.
- Garnish with tomato dice and serve.
- For sauce: Place butter in a medium saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook for aproximately 3 to 4 minutes until onions are transparent.
- Add tomato and mango and cook down for five minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 to 2 cups of water if the mixture gets too dry.
- Pull from heat and let the mixture cool for 30 minutes.
- Puree the mix until smooth.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 3/8/2002 10:18 am.
Source: WXIA 11, Atlanta - Air date: 6/30/99 - 11alive.com - Kiva Restaurant