This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Knott's Berry Farm Steak House Beef Stew
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 pounds stew meat
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 3 pounds carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic until soft.
- Add meat and brown on all sides.
- Add tomatoes, wine, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, basil,
parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer, partially covered, for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, combine potatoes, carrots and celery in a saucepan with 1 cup
water and cook until a little tender but still firm.
- After meat has simmered for
an hour, add these vegetables and the remaining ingredients. Continue cooking until
meat is tender.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
Source: Knott's Berry Farm Cookbook by Florine Sikking and Judith