This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Kokopelli Winery Kokopelli BBQ Sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 8 ounces white vinegar
- 4 ounces French's mustard
- 12 ounces Kokopelli Chianti
- 12 ounces hot water
- 1 1/2 ounces chili powder
- 1 1/2 ounces ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces garlic salt (not powder)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces Tabasco sauce
- In a small stockpot over high heat add ketchup.
- Add mustard and white vinegar.
- Fill empty ketchup bottle with 12 ounces of Kokopelli Chianti and 12 ounces of hot
water and add to ketchup. Stir.
- Add Tabasco sauce, garlic salt, chili powder, sugar and pepper. Stir in each
ingredient using a wire whip to ensure that nothing clumps together.
- When mixture reaches a boil, cut heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
Source: Kokopelli Winery, Chandler, Arizona