This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Kool Beanz Cafe New Orleans Cheesecake
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan
- Combine all ingredients in the pan until well mixed; press into bottom.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese in a mixer bowl at high speed, until smooth. Scrape
side of bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Beat in sugar and cornstarch until light and fluffy.
- At low speed, add bourbon and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling into pan.
- Place springform pan in a roasting pan (make sure there is at least 1 inch between the edges of the pans). Add enough hot water to come halfway up side of springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 to 40 minutes, until sides of cheesecake are firm and center is just set.
- Remove pan from water bath; transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Meanwhile, make Topping.
- Topping: Combine chocolate and cream in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Spread topping over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Remove springform ring.
Yield: 16 servings
Source: Ladies Home Journal - April 2001