This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Krishnarpan Aloo Achar
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 3 ounces sesame seeds
- 4 large hot green chiles
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (1-inch long) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- Juice of 4 lemons
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seed
- Lettuce leaves as needed
- Boil potatoes until tender; drain and set aside.
- Toast sesame seeds in a hot oven until fragrant and lightly colored.
- Cool then grind in food processor with hot chiles, garlic, ginger and cilantro.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Mix sesame seed paste with warm potatoes and toss lightly.
- Sauté fenugreek in oil; pour over salad and mix lightly.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
Yield: 4 portions
Source: Krishnarpan Restaurant, Dwarika's Hotel, Katmandu