This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Kroger Deli Shoppe
Cajun Chicken Pasta Salad
- Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- 4 (8 ounce) chicken breasts, boned, skinned and fat removed
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1 quart Cajun Dressing
- 2 tablespoons chile pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 1/4 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry thyme
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (previous recipe)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Shake Mason jar of Cajun seasoning well.
- Salad: Lay chicken breasts out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over the chicken breasts (just enough to lightly coat). Flip the
breasts over and do the same on the other side.
- Bake the chicken breasts in the hot oven for 20 to 30 minutes (they should be
fork-tender and juices should run clear with no sign of pink).
- Remove chicken and cool in the refrigerator.
- Cook pasta. When done, shock in ice water to stop the cooking. Drain thoroughly.
- Core, seed and julienne peppers. Remove ends from onion, peel, cut in half, then
julienne. Combine with the cooked pasta.
- Cut cooled chicken breasts in half and then slice 1/2-inch thick in the other
direction, across the grain. Add to pasta salad.
- Prepare Cajun dressing and pour over the pasta salad. Mix well. Refrigerate until
ready to serve.
- Cajun Seasoning: Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake well.
- Cajun Dressing: Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a medium-size
bowl. Whisk until well blended.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings; 1/2 cup Cajun Seasoning; about 1 quart Cajun Dressing
Source: Kroger Deli Shoppe, Louisville, Kentucky