This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup dry minced onion
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 (3 ounce) jar strained beef baby food
- 2/3 cup clear beef broth
- Hot dog buns
- Soak onions in hot water until soft.
- Meanwhile, mix ground beef with baby food and beef broth.
- Using 1/4 cup of the meat mixture for each patty, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness
and fry quickly in 1 tablespoon of oil per patty on a hot griddle. Make 3 or 4 holes
in the patties while frying.
- Cut hot dog buns in half. Cut off rounded ends.
- Fry 1 teaspoon of onions under each patty as you turn to fry the second side.
- Slip each patty onto the cut bun with 2 dill pickle chips and mustard.