Le Coq au Vin French Mustard Dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped
- 3 ounces red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon mustard
- 1 tablespoon
country-style mustard with seeds
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons
- Boston lettuce
- Crumbled blue cheese
- With an electric mixer, combine mayonnaise, shallots, garlic, vinegar and two
- With mixer on low speed, slowly pour oils into the mixer bowl. Add water. If
too thick add water. The dressing should be the consistency of cream or half-and-half.
- Place lettuce on plate. Drizzle with dressing.
- Add crumbled blue cheese, mushrooms
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
Nutrition information per 1/8 cup of dressing: Calories 200; Fat 22 g; Saturated
fat 3 g; Carbohydrate 1 g; Sodium 58 mg; Potassium 9 mg
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 7/8/01 9:35:11 pm.
Source: orlandosentinel.com - November 16, 2000