Le Coq au Vin Salade Nicoise
- 4 small potatoes
- 1/4 pound green beans
- 1/4 pound green bell peppers, julienned
- 1/4 pound red bell peppers, julienned
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce
- 1 (7 ounce) can water-packed white tuna, drained well
- 6 anchovy fillets, halved and drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 pitted black olives, preferably Kalamata
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Salad: Trim and cook potatoes. When cool, cut potatoes into quarters.
- Cook beans in boiling, salted water until crisp-tender.
- Quarter tomatoes and eggs.
- Vinaigrette: Combine vinaigrette ingredients.
- Add potatoes and beans to vinaigrette.
- Remove potatoes and beans from vinaigrette mixture, reserving liquid.
- On a large shallow serving bowl, create a bed with lettuce.
- Mound potatoes and green beans in center.
- Flake tuna over potatoes and beans.
- Arrange anchovies on top.
- Arrange onion slices and peppers around mixture.
- Circle presentation with tomato wedges and egg quarters.
- Spoon remaining vinaigrette over all.
- Garnish with olives.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 275; Fat 12 g (2 sat.); Carbohydrate
27 g; Fiber 5 g; Sodium 306 mg; Protein 17 g
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 7/8/01 9:35:52 pm.
Source: orlandosentinel.com - Published June 7, 2001