Lea's Lunchroom Sweet Potato Pie
This pie is good with toasted, chopped pecans on top or with whipped cream.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs.
- Add salt and spices.
- Add evaporated milk and mashed sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 425 degrees F in a 9-inch unbaked pie shell until firm.
Yield: 1 pie
Source: Lea’s Lunchroom, Lecompte, Louisiana
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission