Legal Seafood Blue Cheese Salad with Shrimp
Crumbled Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fine-diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch dried green peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Salad with Shrimp
- 6 Belgian endive, cleaned and cored, but leave intact
- 9 cups coarse-chopped frisee lettuce
- 6 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and each cut into 8 slices
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) blue cheese, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 1/2 cups toasted walnuts
- 24 medium to large (26 to 30 count) cooked and peeled shrimp
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread walnuts in a pie pan. Bake for
10 to 12 minutes, or until fragrant and just beginning to take on color.
- Dressing: In a nonreactive mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients
except blue cheese. Stir in blue cheese.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and stir well before using.
- Salad with Shrimp: Cut endive diagonally into slices about 3/4-inch thick.
- In a mixing bowl, place endive, frisee, pear slices and dressing. Toss gently but thoroughly.
- Arrange salad on 6 plates and garnish with blue cheese squares, walnuts and shrimp.
Yield: 6 servings
Per serving: 698 calories, 64 percent calories from fat, 48 grams protein,
19 grams carbohydrates, 9 grams total fiber, 50 grams total fat, 11 grams saturated
fat, 306 milligrams cholesterol, 931 milligrams sodium
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 8:51:26am 5/7/03
Source: sun-sentinel.com - posted March 27 2003
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.