Legal Seafood Coleslaw
This remains the most popular accompaniment to fried fish.
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium onion, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream, or 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup yogurt
- Pour boiling water over the green cabbage and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain and press dry. Toss with the red cabbage, onion and carrots.
- Add the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Add salt to taste.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 1/29/2002 1:49 pm.
Source: The Legal Seafood's Cookbook by George Berkowitz & Jane