Les Chefs de France Seafood Galette
- 8 ounces grouper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 egg whites
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Dijon mustard
- 6 drops hot sauce
- 8 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces lobster, chopped
- 8 ounces each salmon, shrimp, crab meat, chopped
- Melted butter for ring molds
- Olive oil for sautéing
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups white wine
- Chopped tarragon to taste
- 14 ounces unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cube grouper. Place in the work bowl of a food processor. Add salt and freshly
ground pepper to taste. Process until smooth.
- Add egg whites. Process until well-incorporated.
- With the machine running, add 3 cups cream in a steady stream.
- Add grouper mixture to mixing bowl. Add mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce,
chives and cilantro.
- Add chopped salmon, lobster, shrimp and crab meat.
- Butter 8 (6-ounce) ring molds. Fill with seafood mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sauté shallots in butter. Add red-wine vinegar, white wine and chopped tarragon
to a sauté pan. Let cook until reduced in volume by two-thirds.
- Add 1 cup heavy cream and bring to a boil. Let reduce in volume to half.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- With mixture simmering, add butter in small pieces.
- Using a hand-held mixer,
whip the sauce right in the pan to give the mixture a smooth, white, foamy consistency.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan. Pan-fry baked galettes until golden on both sides.
- Place galettes on plates.
- Add sauce.
- Garnish as desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/14/02 5:38:09 am.
Source: Les Chefs De France At Epcot