Les Gourmettes Arizona Crostini
- 3/4 cup grated cotija cheese (substitute asiago)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Heat a broiler.
- With a fork, mix together cheese, tomatoes, garlic, olives and basil.
- Put bread slices on a baking sheet and place 6 inches under the hot broiler until lightly
- Remove from the broiler and turn the bread slices over so the soft side is up.
- Press about a tablespoon of cheese mixture onto the untoasted side of the
bread; return to the hot broiler and cook until the cheese is melted and the edges
of the bread are toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Do ahead: Without adding the basil, the cheese mixture can be made up to a day
ahead of time, covered and refrigerated. The basil should be added just before spreading
the mixture on the bread slices.
Source: Chef Barbara Fenzl, Les Gourmettes, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com