Les Gourmettes Goat Cheese
- 8 poblano chiles
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese
- 1/2 cup panela or Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted
- 1 cup chicken stock
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Poblanos: Roast poblano chiles either over a direct flame or under a broiler
until charred. Allow chiles to steam in a plastic or paper bag, then remove the
charred skin. Leaving the stems intact, make a slit in the sides of the chiles and
remove the seeds.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cheeses with shrimp, shallots, bell peppers,
cilantro and basil.
- Taking care not to tear the chilies, carefully stuff them with the cheese mixture.
- Transfer the chiles to a baking sheet. Place in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with red bell pepper sauce.
- Red Bell Pepper Sauce: Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Add garlic, shallots
and Serrano chile; sauté until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender. Add red bell pepper and chicken stock; blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: Chef Barbara Fenzl - Les Gourmettes, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes