Les Gourmettes Peach Cinnamon Crisp Sundae
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks, split lengthwise
- 4 cinnamon graham crackers (2 ounces)G
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pint cinnamon vanilla ice cream (Berto's in Arizona)
- 4 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Cinnamon Syrup: Put all ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan over medium
heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and cook until sugar is dissolved.
Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes. Cool completely and remove cinnamon sticks. Store
in a sealed container at room temperature.
- Cinnamon Crunch: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Put cinnamon Graham crackers
in the bowl of a food processor and process until they are crumbs. Toss with melted
butter and spread onto a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally,
until golden and crunchy, 7 to 10 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Peaches: Peel and slice the peaches; put into a large bowl. Toss with
sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Assembly: Put two scoops of ice cream in each of 4 bowls. Spoon peaches over
ice cream; drizzle cinnamon sauce over peaches and ice cream and sprinkle cinnamon
crunch over all.
- Decorate each sundae with a cinnamon stick.
Source: Chef Barbara Pool Fenzl, Les Gourmettes, Phoenix, Arizona
>> RESTAURANT RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.