Levee Mercantile Flat Peach Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 to 5 ripe peaches, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: In a mixing bowl, cut butter into flour; stir in egg and water.
Form into a ball and chill dough. Roll out into two 12- to 14-inch circles, about
1/4 inch thick.
- Filling: In a mixing bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, flour and lemon
juice. Divide and place half the filling in the center of each pastry circle. Fold
pastry over peaches and seal using a fork to crimp edges. Using a knife tip, cut
a few steam vents into top of each pastry. Lightly brush pastry with cream and sprinkle
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or
until pastry has browned.
- Remove from oven and cool.
Yield: two flat pies, about 8-12 servings
Source: Levee Mercantile, St. Louis, Missouri - Show Me St. Louis
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes