Levy Restaurants Sugar Cane Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts,1-inch dice
- 1 red onion, 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, 1-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 piece sugar cane
- 1 cup Dark Rum Glaze
Dark Rum Glaze
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Skewers: Using a cleaver, split sugar cane in half in, and then
into quarters and then into eighths.
- Slide chicken onto sugar cane then red pepper,
yellow pepper and onion, alternate chicken and vegetable 2 more times.
- Season finished skewer with salt and pepper.
- Brush with rum glaze and either roast or grill until done.
- Dark Rum Glaze: Mix all ingredients together.
As seen on San Antonio Living 06/22/05.
>> RESTAURANT RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.