Levy Restaurant Sweet Potato
and Pulled Pork Salad
- Pork Shoulder
- 4 sweet potatoes, medium size, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces pulled barbecue pork
- 2 roasted corn, cut off the cob
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped, green part only
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- Queso fresca
- 1 1/2 cups your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
- Salt and pepper
Fried Buttermilk Onions
- 1 large white onion
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Salad: Season a pork shoulder with barbecue spice. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Smoke the pork shoulder for about 4 hours or until it reaches 160 degrees F internal
- Cool and pull the pork by hand. Set aside until you toss salad.
- Peel, cut, and season the sweet potatoes with salt, pepper and vegetable oil.
- Roast the sweet potatoes in a 375 degrees F oven until browned and tender (about
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Roast the corn on the cob in a 375 degrees F oven until lightly browned.
- Cool and cut off the cob.
- Barbecue Vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients together.
- Fried Buttermilk Onions: Soak the onions in buttermilk for 1/2 hour.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper.
- Drain the onions and dredge them in flour.
- Fry the onions in vegetable oil until crisp and golden brown. Use the fried onions to
- Toss all the ingredients together, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with the queso fresca and the fried onions.
- Serve immediately.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 7/9/01 6:16:05 am.
Source: Foodtv.com Show # SPBCSP01 - Recipe courtesy Rick Deleon, Executive Chef
Levy Restaurants at Comiskey Park
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes