Liberty Street Bourbon-Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, about 4 pounds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Steen's Cane Syrup (or white corn syrup)
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into quarters. Cut each quarter in half again. Place
in a pot and cover with cold water. Add the 2 teaspoons salt and granulated sugar.
Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until very tender.
Potatoes should mash easily when pressed with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and return to pan over very low heat. Return to burner until all
moisture has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Rice or mash until very smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Combine the 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl; stir into potatoes.
- Place cream and butter in a saucepan. Heat until butter melts. Stir into potatoes.
- Stir in the corn syrup and bourbon.
Serves 8 to 10.
Potatoes may be made up to a day in advance and reheated in a saucepan
with an additional 1/4 cup cream.
Posted by Annette 123 at Recipe Goldmine 7/15/01 12:33:52 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes