Liberty Tree Tavern Philadelphia Pepper Pot Soup
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 2 tablespoons finely diced leeks or green
- 1/2 cup celery cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 6 cups water
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces tripe, cooked and julienned
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Heat margarine in a large saucepan.
- Add onions, leeks, celery and ham. Sauté
, stirring, until vegetables are tender.
- Add water and bouillon cubes and cook until
bouillon cubes are dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
Makes 9 cups.
Source: Liberty Tree Tavern