Lick Skillet Bakery Sunshine Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 tablespoon baking soda
- 3/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup almonds, crushed with a rolling pin
- 3/4 cup shredded fresh coconut
- 1 1/4 cups peeled, cored, small- to medium-diced Granny Smith apples
- 4 eggs
- 5 ounces (scant 2/3 cup) maple syrup
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- Nonstick spray
- 12 paper muffin or cupcake cups
- Heat oven to 325 to 350 degrees F. Measure out the first five ingredients into
five separate bowls.
- Place the raisins, carrots, almonds, coconut and apples into one medium-size
- Put the wet ingredients — eggs, maple syrup and oil — into three
- Add a little bit of each of the first five ingredients to the mixing bowl on
a mixer, followed by a little bit of each of the three wet ingredients. Allow the
mixer to stir on medium speed until just combined (scrape the bottom of the bowl
if necessary). Be careful not to over-mix.
- Once combined, repeat the process, adding a little more of the dry ingredients,
then a little more of the wet ingredients, letting the mixer stir until just combined
and making sure to incorporate the ingredients at the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour in the fruit-nut mixture last, stirring until just combined.
- Coat a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Place paper muffin or cupcake cups into
the pan, then thoroughly spray the insides of the cups and the top of the pan with
nonstick spray again.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the cups, filling them just to the top (not over).
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes, checking them after 15 minutes. They're
done when a wooden pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, and
when the tops of the muffins turn a dark orange color.
Yield: one dozen muffins
Source: The Boulder Colorado Camera - November 7, 2001 - bouldernews.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes