Lilac Restaurant French Raspberry Napoleon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 pound granulated sugar
- 1/4 pound all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 capful vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Raspberry sauce or other dessert fruit sauce to taste
- Powdered sugar to taste
- Mint sprigs
- Simple syrup, kirschwasser, or Grand-Marnier to taste
- 2 pints raspberries
- Put the 3 large whole eggs and the 1/4 pound of sugar in a Kitchen Aid bowl.
Put over a double boiler until it reaches about 100 degree F temperature, stirring
once in a while, then remove from heat.
- Attach the bowl to the Kitchen Aid, attach the whip, and whip until the mixture
is fluffy and has cooled off (this will take about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, sift the flour (preferably unbleached) on a piece of parchment paper.
- Melt the butter.
- Prepare a 1/4 sheet pan, brush with a little butter and cover with a piece of
- After the egg/sugar mixture is cool and fluffy, detach and fold in carefully
the sifted flour in small stages, being careful to fold in some air at the same
time. We want it to be a light and airy cake.
- Once the flour has been incorporated, add the vanilla and the melted butter.
- Pour the mixture onto the designated sheet pan and bake for approximately 4-5
minutes in a convection oven or 8-10 minutes in a conventional oven (oven has to
be preheated to 350 degrees F).
- Allow to cool, then cut out with a round pastry cutter into 3 large circles,
or into 3 triangles. These will be used to make the cake layers.
- Flavor the cake using simple syrup, kirschwasser, or Grand-Marnier by either
brushing the liquid onto the cake with a pastry brush, or sprinkling onto cake from
a bottle (this can be accomplished by partially covering the opening with thumb
- Whip up the cream with the vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
- Layer the top of each of the 3 cake layers with the cream and raspberries.
- Decorate with powdered sugar, fresh mint and raspberry sauce or another fruit
Source: Chef Adrien Gresnigt, Lilac Restaurant, Millburn, New Jersey
>> RESTAURANT RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.