Log House Gumbo
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch of red pepper
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 can okra
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 pound cleaned raw shrimp
- 1/2 pound fresh crab meat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gumbo file
- Braise onions, celery and green pepper in 2 tablespoons of oil.
- In a separate pot mix 4 tablespoons of oil with flour. Brown well to make a French
- Add water, bay leaves, ketchup, garlic, red and black pepper, Worcestershire
sauce and Tabasco sauce to vegetable mixture. Salt to taste. Cook gently until vegetables
are done and flavors well blended.
- Add okra, tomatoes, shrimp and crab. Thicken with roux and simmer briefly, adding
water as needed, until the seafood is done.
- Add gumbo file and serve over rice.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Log House Restaurant, Biloxi, Mississippi
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes