Lohmann's Steak House Champagne Salad
Champagne Salad served at Lohmann's Steak House in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin,
contains no champagne but has lots of fruit. The molded salad is made with cream
cheese and gelatin.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries with juice
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatine
- 2 medium-size bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipped topping
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar; blend well.
- In another bowl, mix pineapple, strawberries with juice and gelatine, making
sure gelatine coats fruit well.
- Mix in bananas, nuts and whipped topping.
- Add fruit mixture to cream cheese mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spoon into loaf pan or 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Freeze salad.
- To serve, thaw slightly and cut into slices or squares.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Posted by JBic01 at Recipe Goldmine 5/13/02 11:54:08 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes